Tuesday, April 21, 2009
I guess we can't handle freedom either.
LOS ANGELES – Miss California says she stands by her anti-gay-marriage comments, even if they may have cost her the Miss USA crown.
Carrie Prejean defended her views Tuesday on NBC's "Today" show, telling host Matt Lauer that she spoke from the heart during Sunday's pageant when she said that "marriage should be between a man and a woman."
It's not about being politically correct," she said. "For me, it's about being biblically correct."She believes she may have "lost the crown" because of her "politically incorrect" comments.
When did we get so stupid? Is a beauty pageant contestant the voice of America's conscience? Can't we make up our own minds? Is Carrie a Biblical Scholar and should be consulted before we make any decisions as a nation? WTF???
If Miss America can't have her own views and opinions, and express them publicly, what freedom's do the rest of us have? This "politically correct" nonsense has gone far enough. It's shameful, and makes us look like a bunch of hypocritical assholes. Oh, wait a minute, we ARE a bunch of hypocritical assholes. Never mind.
Jackie Chan was right!!!
Freedom means having the ability to express one's opinion without censure or repercussions. I guess Jackie Chan was right:
One group on social networking site Facebook even called for the martial arts legend to be exiled to North Korea.
Way to go, China! I guess freedom's not for everyone. Just ask the detainees at Guantamo, I guess they don't deserve it either.
Friday, April 17, 2009
Big Mouth Strikes Again
Associated Press - April 17, 2009 9:23 AM ET
VATICAN CITY (AP) - The Vatican says some negative reactions to the pope's comments about condoms and AIDS during a trip to Africa were an "unprecedented" attempt to intimidate him.
Pope Benedict XVI said last month that condoms weren't the answer to Africa's AIDS epidemic and could make the problem worse.
Many groups and nations criticized the remarks. The Vatican on Friday critiqued Belgium's parliament for passing a recent resolution condemning them.
The Vatican said the pope's comments were taken out of context and had unleashed an "unprecedented media campaign." It says they were "used by some groups with a clear intent to intimidate, as if to dissuade the Pope from expressing himself."
Copyright 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.OK, first of all, if the Infallible One is going to open his big stupid mouth, make sure he gets his facts strait.
Secondly, if the entire world has "taken his comments out of context," pray tell, WHAT is the correct context?
Thirdly, the Vatican isn't a democracy, His Holiness doesn't have the right to express his opinions to all and sundry without any regard as to the consequences. Show a little responsibility, for Crissakes*.
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Bill Cosby for President
I HAVE DECIDED TO BECOME A WRITE-IN CANDIDATE.
HERE IS MY PLATFORM:
(1) 'Press 1 for English' is immediately banned. English is the official language; speak it or wait at the border until you can.
(2) We will immediately go into a two year isolationist posture to straighten out the country's attitude. NO imports, no exports. We will use the ' 's policy, 'If we ain't got it, you don't need it.'
(3) When imports are allowed, there will be a 100% import tax on it.
(4) All retired military personnel will be required to man one of our many observation towers on the southern border (six month tour). They will be under strict orders not to fire on SOUTHBOUND aliens.
(5) Social security will immediately return to its original state. If you didn't put nuttin in, you ain't gettin nuttin out. The president nor any other politician will be able to touch it.
(6) Welfare - Checks will be handed out on Fridays at the end of the 40 hour school week and the successful completion of urinalysis and a passing grade.
(7) Professional Athletes--Steroids. The FIRST time you check positive you're banned for life.
(8) Crime - We will adopt the Turkish method, the first time you steal, you lose your right hand. There is no more life sentences. If convicted of murder, you will be put to death by the same method you chose for your victim; gun, knife, strangulation, etc.
(9) One export will be allowed, Wheat. The world needs to eat. A bushel of wheat will be the exact price of a barrel of oil.
(10) All foreign aid using American taxpayer money will immediately cease, and the saved money will pay off the national debt and ultimately lower taxes. When disasters occur around the world, we'll ask the if they want to donate to a disaster fund, and each citizen can make the decision whether it's a worthy cause.
(11) The Pledge of Allegiance will be said every day at school and every day in Congress.
(12) The National Anthem will be played at all appropriate ceremonies, sporting events, outings, etc.
GOD BLESS AMERICA .
No More Apologies!!!
"Carrie Underwood says she is mortified after making a risque joke aimed at Matthew McConaughey at Sunday's ACMAs.
Before presenting Underwood with Entertainer of the Year, McConaughey told the audience how George Strait's boots once got him "lucky."
After collecting her trophy from him, Underwood was at a loss for words and blurted out: "I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew."
Camila Alves - the mother of McConaughey's 8-month-old son Levi - was sitting in the audience.
Now, Underwood tells Fox News, "I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked. You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself."
Oh for fucksakes, shut the fuck up!!! Nobody cares!!! If anyone might even consider making an apology, it should be McConauhey for making the stupid comment that started it all.
What a bunch of retards.
Subscribe to Posts [Atom]