Saturday, December 24, 2022

 

It's the Most Horrible Time of the Year

 Every year, some butthole ruins christmas for me. Sometimes it's an overenthusiastic douchebag deciding everyone needs some "christmas cheer" a bit early. I think October is a bit early, but nobody ever asks me what I think. Sometimes it's a TV commercial for cars or something where a popular christmas song has been usurped and the lyrics changed to promote this years models. This year, it was a frigging ice cream truck playing christmas carols in frigging September! There are only a couple dozen or so traditional christmas songs, and everyone and his brother has recorded a christmas album featuring these same songs. "Classsics," they call them. Fine. I would like to listen to my favorite christmas classics on frigging christmas eve, however, by the time christmas eve rolls around, I am so goddam sick to death of them I don't want to ever hear another carol as long as i live. People don't reaize that I've been forced to listen to these same goddam songs, year after year, for over six decades. And some of them I don't even like, such as "Frosty the goddam snow man," I have come to hate that song. Maybe it's because of endless repetition, or the fact that it's pretty trite, I don't know. It's not that great a song to begin with. Oh, and "Here comes santa claus," screw you, Gene Autrey. Horrible, horrible song. I never liked that one. Yet, every year, for months, I am literally assaulted by christmas, starting in September or October, and it doesn't let up until frigging January. I'm so sick of it, I could puke.
I'm not a believer. I don't begrudge you your holiday celebration.  Celebrate away! Christmas, Hannukah, Kwanzaa, Winter Solstice, whatever! Enjoy your time with your family or your other believers or whatever the hell. Just leave me out of it!  I don't give a rat's testicles about your imaginary friend's imaginary son's imaginary birthday. Give me a freaking break. And I certainly don't appreciate being bludgeoned with it for freaking months!
Another thing, what the hell is wrong with your Business Plan if it's contingent upon every man, woman, and child going into serious debt to "celebrate" the "holidays?" Doesn't sound like good business to me. But what the hell do I know? I don't really participate in big way. Hardly even a small way. Hardly at all, really. As little as possible, to be honest.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]