Wednesday, May 27, 2009

 

Abe books

One of Amazon's many legions of booksellers is Abe Books. It appears to be an internet only bookseller. I ordered a book about five weeks ago. Apparently Abe books uses other booksellers as well. This book supposedly was ordered via a bookseller called clementines, also an internet bookseller.
After five weeks of trying to contact either bookseller, I get an email stating that "my order did not result in a sale." My order did not result in a sale?? What the fuck does that mean? I fired off another email and the response was a boilerplate form letter in six languages lamenting that I had sent my email to an address that wasn't monitored and yadda yadda yadda. The only good thing is, it appears that my credit card was never charged.
Crissakes, i was just trying to buy a goddamm book, how hard can that be? I've purchased stuff from amazon before, and never had a problem like this.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]